Looking for Shoulder Pain Therapy Near South Indy-Greenwood area? Choose Victor Physical Therapy.
The shoulder joint is a highly mobile joint in the body with the head of the humerus articulating with the scapula which in turn is connected to the axial skeleton through the clavicle. However, this increased mobility comes at the cost of stability leading to pain and disability. Structures commonly involved are the rotator cuff muscles/tendons, glenoid labrum, capsule and scapular stabilizer muscles.
Causes of Shoulder Pain
- Tendonitis and bursitis: Increased repetitive stress to the joint and muscles as in sporting activities
- Poor posture of the head, neck and trunk leading to faulty movement patterns
- Muscular imbalance of the shoulder girdle causing impingement
- Fall/Injury and motor vehicle accident leading to partial/complete muscle and tendon tears as well as fractures and dislocations
Commonly Seen Painful Shoulder Conditions
- Supraspinatus impingement
- Rotator cuff tears
- SICK scapula
- Labral tears causing Bankart’s and SLAP lesions
- Frozen shoulder from capsular adhesions.
- Shoulder instability
Physical Therapy Management of the Painful Shoulder
- Promoting stability of the shoulder girdle
- Movement re-education of shoulder motions to prevent impingement/tendinosis
- Improving Strength and conditioning and range of motion
- Improving joint/soft tissue mobility to enhance quality of life
- Pain control
When to see a doctor
- Sudden increase in shoulder pain that radiates down your left arm, chest, jaw and neck-This can be serious.
- Shoulder pain associated with fever
- Increased swelling and pain and inability to move the shoulder
Tips for a better shoulder
- Maintain good alignment and posture
- Avoid repetitive overuse of your shoulder
- Avoid sleeping on the painful side
- Avoid sudden lifting of heavy objects
Seek Care for Your Shoulder Pain at Victor Physical Therapy, Near Greenwood, IN
You don’t have to live with shoulder pain! At Victor Physical Therapy Near South Indy- Greenwood, IN your fellowship trained Physical Therapist will provide you with a comprehensive assessment of your condition. We will then determine the best course of action to relieve shoulder pain and create a customized plan of care to meet your individualized goals and needs so you can function better.
Our treatment includes: manual therapy/hands-on approach to improve soft tissue and joint mobility, therapeutic exercises to improve strength and conditioning, neuromuscular re-education to improve muscle memory. Last but not least, we lay heavy emphasis on patient education throughout your therapy course to facilitate and guide you through your rehabilitation journey.
We make your rehab experience SEE- Simple, Effective and Efficient!