Looking for Physical Therapy for Hip Pain Near Indianapolis-Greenwood area? Choose Victor Physical Therapy.
The hip joint is a ball and socket joint like the shoulder, but has far greater stability that comes with a compromised mobility. The head of the femur articulates in the socket of the pelvic bone and permits motion in all the three cardinal planes. Being a weight bearing joint, this too is susceptible to wear and tear as well as injuries.
Causes of Hip Pain
- Fall/Trauma leading to fractures
- Sporting injuries causing labral tears
- Muscle imbalance and overuse causing strains
Commonly Seen Painful Hip Conditions
- Trochanteric bursitis
- Femoroacetabular Impingement-FAI
- Gluteal and Iliopsoas tendonitis
- Snapping psoas
- Gluteus medius weakness
Symptoms of hip joint pathology
- Difficulty with walking or climbing stairs or rising up from a seated position
- Swelling/ ecchymosis
- Decreased range of motion
Physical Therapy management and hip pain relief
- Strengthening the muscles of pelvic floor, trunk, and lower extremities
- Promoting proper movement patterns during walking or sporting activities
- Pain control
When to see a doctor
- Sudden increase in pain, swelling or presence of deformity
- Inability to bear weight
- Hip pain associated with fever
Tips for reducing hip pain
- Maintain good alignment/posture while sitting
- Use a firm sitting surface
- Avoid crossing legs for even weight distribution
- Take frequent breaks/avoid prolonged sitting
Seek Care for Your Hip Pain at Victor Physical Therapy, Near Greenwood, IN.
You don’t have to struggle with hip pain! At Victor Physical Therapy Near Greenwood-South Indianapolis, IN your fellowship trained Physical Therapist will provide you with a comprehensive assessment of your condition. We will then determine the best course of action to relieve your hip pain and create a customized plan of care to meet your individualized goals and needs so you can function better.
Our treatment includes: manual therapy/hands-on approach to improve soft tissue and joint mobility, therapeutic exercises to improve strength and conditioning, neuromuscular re-education to improve muscle memory. Last but not least, we lay heavy emphasis on patient education throughout your therapy course to facilitate and guide you through your rehabilitation journey.
We make your rehab experience SEE- Simple, Effective and Efficient!