Looking for Physical Therapy for Neck Pain Near Indianapolis-Greenwood area? Choose Victor Physical Therapy.
The neck consists of seven small bones called vertebrae stacked one on top of the other. Running centrally through their canal is the spinal cord, from which arise nerves that travel eventually to your hands providing sensation and motor supply. Also in this region are small pre-vertebral muscles that provide stability to these bony segments, while the larger muscles provide movement of the head and neck. The neck can become a problematic area as a result of sprain, strain, degeneration causing pinched nerves and poor posture.
What could be causing your neck pain?
- Muscle strain from poor posture or whiplash injury
- Degenerative disc and joints from aging
- Spinal stenosis
- Pinched nerves causing neck pain radiating down into the arms and hands, head and jaw.
Neck Pain Symptoms
- Localized neck pain and/or pain radiating to your head and hands
- Decreased range of motion
- Sensory disturbance in the hands such as numbness and tingling
- Weakness causing difficulty with carrying objects or performing finer tasks as in sewing or buttoning clothes
- Difficulty with walking/loss of balance
Physical Therapy for Neck Pain Relief
- Pain control
- Postural correction
- Movement re-education
- Gait/balance training
- Strength and mobility training
Tips to avoid neck pain
- Leading an active lifestyle and reducing stress
- Maintaining good posture and neck alignment, especially while sitting and lying
- Using the right pillow for your head while sleeping
- Keeping the computer at eye-level
- If you are a smoker, try to reduce or better yet, quit smoking.
- Taking frequent breaks from work and doing some simple neck movements
When to seek medical help?
- Trauma from a fall or accident
- Rapid progression of symptoms like headaches, nausea or double vision
- Noticing changes with your walking and experiencing balance issues
Seek Care for Your Neck Pain at Victor Physical Therapy.
At Victor Physical Therapy, near Greenwood-South Indy area, your fellowship trained Physical Therapist will provide you with a comprehensive assessment of your condition. We will then determine the best course of action to relieve your neck pain and create a customized plan of care to meet your individualized goals and needs so you can function better.
Our treatment includes: manual therapy/hands-on approach to improve soft tissue and joint mobility, therapeutic exercises to improve strength and conditioning, neuromuscular re-education to improve muscle memory. Last but not least, we lay heavy emphasis on patient education throughout your therapy course to facilitate and guide you through your rehabilitation journey.
We make your rehab experience SEE- Simple, Effective and Efficient!