Looking for Physical Therapy for Knee Pain Near Indianapolis-Greenwood area? Choose Victor Physical Therapy.
The knee is considered to be a complex joint that is formed by the articulation between the femur and tibia. It has a knee cap or the patella that enables the quadriceps to function more efficiently. The joint consists of bones, ligaments, tendons and cartilage that can be subject to injury or wear and tear. The joint is also capable of influencing the hip and the foot and ankle joints.
Symptoms of Knee Joint Involvement
- Sensation of giving out
- Decreased mobility
- Difficulty while ascending and descending stairs
Painful Conditions of the Knee Joint
- Medial/Lateral collateral ligament sprain
- Quadriceps/hamstrings strain
- ACL injury
- Patellar tendonitis
- Patellofemoral pain
Physical Therapy Management for Knee Pain Relief
- Strength and conditioning of the core and lower extremities
- Activity modification
- Improving joint& soft tissue flexibility
When to see your doctor
- Deformity after trauma
- Sudden onset of pain, swelling and discoloration
- Inability to bear weight
- Inability to regain normal range of motion
- Knee pain associated with fever
Tips for healthy knee joint
- Walking and exercise
- Lifestyle changes and optimal body weight
- Proper stretching and warm-up prior to activity
- Avoid excessive stress to the joint such as prolonged standing or jumping
Seek Care for Your Knee Pain at Victor Physical Therapy, Greenwood, IN
You don’t have to struggle with knee pain! At Victor Physical Therapy Near Greenwood-South Indianapolis, IN your fellowship trained Physical Therapist will provide you with a comprehensive assessment of your condition. We will then determine the best course of action to relieve your knee pain and create a customized plan of care to meet your individualized goals and needs so you can function better.
Our treatment includes: manual therapy/hands-on approach to improve soft tissue and joint mobility, therapeutic exercises to improve strength and conditioning, neuromuscular re-education to improve muscle memory. Last but not least, we lay heavy emphasis on patient education throughout your therapy course to facilitate and guide you through your rehabilitation journey.