Looking for Physical Therapy for Lower Back Pain Near Indianapolis-Greenwood area? Choose Victor Physical Therapy.
Low Back Pain
Most of us as adults must have experienced low back pain at some point in time in our lives. It happens to be the most common cause for missed work, primary doctor’s visit as well as burden of increased expenditure in managing pain and disability. While most cases resolve eventually, the rest would possibly be seeking medical help.
Causes of Back Pain
- Muscular & ligamentous strain from repetitive activities or a sudden quick turn
- Spondylolysis common in sports involving repetitive backward bending
- Disc disease leading to herniation
- Spondylolisthesis causing forward slippage of the vertebrae
- Spinal stenosis leading to narrowing of the spinal canal
- Sciatica/Radiculopathy causing radiating pain down the legs
- Osteoarthritis causing degenerative changes in the spine
Back Pain Symptoms
- Pain than can be localized to the back or radiating down into the legs as in sciatica.
- Decreased range of motion
- Difficulty with sitting/standing/walking
- Weakness in the legs
- Altered sensation such as tingling and numbness in the legs
Physical Therapy Management for Low Back Pain
- Strength and conditioning of trunk and lower extremity muscles
- Postural correction
- Therapeutic Modalities like ultrasound and electrical stimulation for pain relief
- Movement re-education
- Joint/soft tissue mobilization to promote functional mobility
When to see your doctor
- Back pain associated with fever and/or sometimes painful urination
- Changes in your bowel and bladder function
- Increased weakness and sensory changes/numbness in your legs
- Difficulty with or changes in walking pattern
Tips for healthy back
- Healthy lifestyle and maintaining optimal body weight
- Maintaining good alignment and posture of body while sitting/standing
- Sleeping on firm mattress
- Regular walking
- Cessation of smoking
Seek Care for Your Back Pain at Victor Physical Therapy, Greenwood, IN.
You don’t have to live with back pain! At Victor Physical Therapy Near Greenwood-South Indy area, your fellowship trained Physical Therapist will provide you with a comprehensive assessment of your condition. We will then determine the best course of action to relieve back pain and create a customized plan of care to meet your individualized goals and needs so you can function better.
Our treatment includes: manual therapy/hands-on approach to improve soft tissue and joint mobility, therapeutic exercises to improve strength and conditioning, neuromuscular re-education to improve muscle memory. Last but not least, we lay heavy emphasis on patient education throughout your therapy course to facilitate and guide you through your rehabilitation journey.
We make your rehab experience SEE- Simple, Effective and Efficient!