Looking for Foot & Ankle Therapy Near South Indy-Greenwood area? Choose Victor Physical Therapy.
Ankle and Foot
The human foot is considered to be an engineering feat enabling man to enjoy the bipedal stance. Consisting of twenty- six bones and more than eighty muscles and ligaments, the feet is capable of transmitting the body’s weight to the ground as a rigid structure as well as absorb ground reaction forces and adapt to uneven surfaces as a mobile unit during standing and walking.
Causes of Foot and Ankle Pain
- Poor footwear
- Misstep during walking
- Stress fracture/Trauma,
- Sporting activities/Running Injuries
- Poor posture and faulty weight bearing of the feet during walking, standing or running.
Conditions Affecting Your Foot and Ankle
- Achilles tendonitis
- Heel pain/heel spur
- Plantar fasciitis
- Sprains and Strains
- Common peroneal nerve and tibial nerve entrapment
- Morton’s neuroma
Physical Therapy Management for Foot and Ankle
- Improving walking/gait pattern
- Correcting posture and promoting proper body mechanics for improved weight bearing
- Modification of footwear
- Strength and conditioning of the trunk and intrinsic foot muscles
- Soft tissue & joint mobilization
When to seek medical help
- If you have experienced trauma
- Inability to bear weight or walk
- Sudden increase in swelling and/or discoloration
- Fever and chills
Tips to avoid foot and ankle pain
- Use of proper foot wear
- Avoid prolonged standing
- Maintaining good posture
- Active and healthy lifestyle
Seek Care for Your Foot & Ankle Pain at Victor Physical Therapy, Near Greenwood
You don’t have to live with foot and ankle pain! At Victor Physical Therapy Near South Indy- Greenwood area, your fellowship trained Physical Therapist will provide you with a comprehensive assessment of your condition. We will then determine the best course of action to relieve your foot and ankle pain and create a customized plan of care to meet your individualized goals and needs so you can function better.
Our treatment includes: manual therapy/hands-on approach to improve soft tissue and joint mobility, therapeutic exercises to improve strength and conditioning, neuromuscular re-education to improve muscle memory. Last but not least, we lay heavy emphasis on patient education throughout your therapy course to facilitate and guide you through your rehabilitation journey.
We make your rehab experience SEE- Simple, Effective and Efficient!